- Ingredients & Safety
Applications & Uses
Tell us your thoughts!
Be the first to submit a testimonial on Krud Kutter Rustex - Rust Converter.
IMPORTANT-READ ENTIRE LABEL BEFORE USING
- Do not use when temperature is below 36°F. Excessive dew and humidity may prolong drying time and cause powdery buildup.
- Do not use an airless sprayer or dilute this product.
- Spray equipment should be flushed out with water after use. Clean brushes with water.
- Avoid getting product on adjacent areas such as painted surfaces, concrete, masonry and stonework. If splashing occurs, flush immediately with water to remove.
- DO NOT MIX THIS PRODUCT WITH ANY OTHER CHEMICALS.
DIRECTIONS-RUSTED & OLD METAL:
- For heavily soiled surfaces use the Original Krud Kutter to remove excess oil, grease, and dirt.
- Remove loose paint and heavy rust with a wire brush. Light rust need not be removed.
- Apply directly to metal by brush, roller, mop, or low pressure sprayer. Heavy rust may need two applications.
- Wait overnight after application, dust off any loose powder, and apply undercoat primer and paint.
- Test small area for compatibility when using epoxy or latex paint.
- Apply one coat, and let stand for 30-60 minutes or until metal is etched.
- Flush with water, avoiding damage to adjacent areas; or wipe to a smooth finish, let dry, and paint. Follow paint manufacturers instructions for undercoats and topcoats.
- Where rust is present apply one coat of Rustex to prep and etch the metal. Leave overnight, or until completely dry. Brush off any loose powder before painting.
COVERAGE: Up to approximately 600 sq. ft. per 1-gallon bottle.
Caution: Contains phosphoric acid. SEVERE EYE AND SKIN IRRITANT. In case of contact with eyes or skin, flush with water for 15 minutes. If irritation persists, seek medical attention. If swallowed, take large amounts of water. Do not induce vomiting. Get medical attention. Material Safety Data Sheet available.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
24-hour medical emergency: Chemtrec
Domestic North America 800-424-9300
International (collect calls accepted) 703-527-3887